Richmond, North Yorkshire
thecitysecret has an opening for a Software Engineer to join a well established Software Engineering team working with a Tier One Investment bank. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in Fintech based in our offices in North Yorkshire or Birmingham.
The successful candidate will work on a multiple small exciting and challenging projects in the Financial Trading Sector. Focus will be on Scripting (Perl/KSH), server-side core Java development, DB2, Sybase and MongoDB.
- Deliver high quality technically sound solutions to client agreed deadlines.
- Liaise directly with customers and represent the business in a professional manner.
- Deliver object oriented design and development that include strong Java development patterns and best practice.
- Respond in a timely manner to resolve outstanding issues, escalating issues to seniors/project manager where appropriate.
- Fully document development and testing, thoroughly testing all output.
- Provide information to senior team on the progress of development projects, providing accurate estimates on work.
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes and systems, which optimise work.
- Work as part of a dedicated project development team.
- Deploying solutions in a highly distributed Linux plant
- Providing level 3 support
- Strong Scripting Skills, especially in Perl and Korn Shell (Essential)
- Strong Unix/Linux (Essential)
- SQL/Database knowledge (Essential)
- Experience of Java (Essential)
- Experience in Object Oriented Perl Development
- Problem Solving
- Eager to learn
- Self sufficient
- Excellent communication skills
Previous experience within the finance industry would be beneficial, but don't worry if you don't have any as full financial training will be given.
This is a great opportunity to work in a rich and diverse area and will offer first class learning possibilities.
thecitysecret gives the opportunity to work on interesting fast paced projects whilst being based in the North East of England. Richmond is close to the A1 and commutable from Darlington, Northallerton, Thirsk, County Durham and Teesside.
As the role involves working closely with a team both in Richmond and remotely with teams in a number of locations worldwide the ideal applicant must have excellent communication skills.
Established in 2000, thecitysecret have track record of working with the top financial institutions, you will work alongside an experienced team with a variety of interests. We are proud of achieving the "Investor in People" award in 2003, and we continue to invest time and money into developing the skills of all employees
If you would like to be considered for this position or if you would like some further details please contact us.
Cover letter and CV should be emailed to HR@thecitysecret.com
Direct applications only
Location: Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7BP (Close to the County Durham border)
Commutable from: Northallerton, Thirsk, Darlington, Barnard Castle, Durham, Middlesbrough, Newton Aycliffe, the Yorkshire Dales, Teesside, Co. Durham.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Key Benefits: 25 days annual holiday (plus UK bank holidays), Contributory Pension scheme, Profit Share Bonus scheme, Childcare vouchers and Bike to work scheme, free fruit.